LAFCO has established this webpage to ensure that relevant information and documents are readily available to the public regarding the Dana Reserve Specific Plan (DRSP).
The County of San Luis Obispo is the Lead Agency for environmental review and the primary land use authority on the DRSP. As the land use authority, the County is responsible for essential project entitlements, including the General Plan amendment(s), Specific Plan, Conditional Use Permit, EIR, Developer Agreement, and Vesting Tentative Tract Map.
It is estimated that the County will be begin consideration of the project at their Planning Commission in February/March 2023. The project will also require approval by the Board of Supervisors, estimated to occur in May/June 2023.
LAFCO’s purview on this project relates to the proposed annexation into Nipomo Community Services District (NCSD) for water and wastewater service. If the project is approved by the County, LAFCO will subsequently consider approval of the annexation.
Facts & Events To Date
- June 24, 2022 - Land Use Application submitted to County of San Luis Obispo
- June 16, 2022 – Draft Environmental Impact Report Prepared by County Released to Public
- July 14, 2022 – County Planning Commission Study Session
- July 21, 2022 – LAFCO Study Session
- October 13, 2022 – Annexation Application Submitted to LAFCO
- November 8, 2022 – LAFCO Provided 30-Day Review Letter and Placed Project On Hold
- November 17, 2022 – LAFCO Notice of Application Hearing
- January 11, 2023 – NCSD meeting on the Notice of Application
- January 17, 2023 – LAFCO Response to NCSD to correct the Record due to incorrect information provided in the NCSD staff report and response letter
- February/March 2023 – Estimated Date for County Planning Commission Consideration
- May/June 2023 - Estimated Date for County Board of Supervisor Consideration
- August 2023 – Estimated Date for LAFCO Study Session
- November 2023 – Estimated Date for LAFCO Hearing to Consider Annexation Request
Dana Reserve Specific PlanLAFCO Application by Petition of LandownerLAFCO 30-Day Information Hold LetterLAFCO 60-Day Notice of Petition of Application Staff ReportNCSD Dana Reserve Water & Wastewater Rate Impact Analysis StudyNCSD Dana Reserve Development Water & Wastewater Service EvaluationNCSD Response to Notice of Petition of Application Staff ReportNCSD Response to Notice of Petition of Application LetterLAFCO Response to NCSD Response to Notice of Petition of Application Letter
Please fill out this form with any inquiries, comments or questions. We will respond within 1 business day.